Instructions for Returning Applicants/Users
Step 1: Log into your COS Account
If you have forgotten your password, but you know your username and have a working contact email address associated with your account, click the "Forgot your password?" link to have a password reset email sent to your contact email address. If you do not have a working contact email address, call the COS Helpdesk at 502.564.8030 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
If you have forgotten, your username/email used for logging in, click "Forgot your username?" and enter the required information (First name, Last name, phone number or contact email address). You will be prompted to answer your security questions in order for the username to be found. Again, if you are unable to locate your username, call the COS Helpdesk at 502.564.8030 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Step 2: Search Job Vacancies
- Click the “Search for Jobs” link. (under the Saved Jobs heading).
- You can then click a job already posted on the main screen, or search for jobs by entering keywords with the location, sorting by drop down box, using the narrow selections, and/or clicking “Advance Search”. If you want to use the “Advance Search” feature, you can choose from 8 different options. For example, you can select: 'counties' to view vacancies by county, ‘salary range’ if you would like to view vacant jobs within a certain pay grade, and ‘specific job title’ if you want to know if a particular job title has a vacancy. Remember to clear your search results each time before beginning a new search.
Step 3: Application
- Once you find a job vacancy you are interested in applying to, click "Apply to Job".
- If you have a résumé you can import the file and it will auto populate your contact information or you can enter it manually. Once completed click “Save and continue”.
- If you are applying to interim positions, you must choose the counties you are willing to work at the beginning of the application process. You will need to hold the control key while clicking the mouse if you are choosing more than one county.
- Your most recent application will load and allow for any necessary updates to be complete. Answer all questions accurately and thoroughly. The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required in order to successfully complete the application process.
- Remember, it is important to thoroughly review all information and edit if needed on the last screen.
You will not be able to edit the application once submitted.
- When you are ready to apply, click "Send my application".
Notice to Veterans - If you have not already submitted your DD214 or other approved military documents to the Division of Career Opportunities, be prepared. You must do so before the posting end date of the position for which you are applying in order to receive Veterans’ Preference status. Please click on HERE for eligibility requirements and required documentation for veterans.
What happens after you apply to a vacancy?
Division of Career Opportunities