New Users to the Career Opportunities System (COS)
For a printable version of this guide,
click here .
Step 1: Create a COS Account
- Go to the COS login page by clicking "Search & Apply" in the blue toolbar located at the top of this page.
- Click on the Career Opportunities System (COS) Application tab
- From the COS login page, click the 'click here to create a new account' link (gray box in the upper right-hand corner of the page). You will be presented COS Terms of Agreement. You must agree to the terms to create an account.
- Complete your contact information.
Click the 'Create' button to be directed to the Welcome page.
- Use your email address as your username. (Each applicant must use their own, unique email address to create their own COS account. When applicants share a COS account by using the same email as their username, it will result in delays or prevention of eligibility for state employment.)
- Don't have an email account? Create one using one of the many free providers such as
Hotmail (Outlook) and
Critically Important: Make a note of your username (email address) and password, security questions/answers and keep this information for reference. The Personnel Cabinet will communicate information pertaining to your COS account and job submissions via the contact email address you provide.
Step 2: Application Steps
- Click the 'Edit your profile' link.
- Complete at least the required fields (marked with asterisks) on the 'Contact Information' tab and click 'Save.'
- Click the 'Application' tab. (It is the gray tab located above your first name and to the right of your 'contact information' tab after logging on.)
- Complete the required fields first which are marked with a red asterisk and click the 'Save' button. (You will not be able to save your application until you have entered your information into the required fields.)
- You will be notified by the Division of Career Opportunities if the remaining fields on the application need to be completed.
- Click the 'Save' button at least every 45 minutes to keep your session from timing out.
Step 3: Search
If you do not create an account before you apply to a position, it will result in your not being able to save your information.
- If you set search criteria that do not yield results, try broadening your search by selecting the 'All' values.
- Remember to clear your search results each time before beginning a new search.
- Please note that you must complete the submission process and apply for a specific job by 11:59 p.m. on the posted closing date.
- If you want to narrow your search, you can choose from 10 different options; for example, you can select 'counties' to view vacancies by county, salary range if you would like to view vacant jobs within a certain pay grade and by specific job title if you want to know if a particular job title is vacant.
- Click the 'Search' button at the bottom of the "Search openings" page without choosing any search criteria to view all open jobs.
- Use the Search Agent Manager feature within your account to be notified of job postings via automated email messages. This feature allows you to create, edit and run your saved searches from within your Career Opportunities System (COS) account. Saved searches can be designed to have the newest results of your search emailed to you on a regular basis. You have the ability to search for vacant jobs by selecting one or more areas such as job title, salary range, work counties, 37.5-hour or 40-hour work week based on your preferences, and the system will notify you by email when a job opens that matches the areas you have chosen. Note: If very specific criteria are selected for your search agent, to receive an email notification, the vacancy posting must contain ALL of your selected criteria. Search agents automatically expire 90 days after their creation or renewal date. You can renew active search agents on the Search Agent Manager page in COS.
Step 4: Apply
- On the Search Results page, click on the 'auto req ID' to access details of a specific job posting. On the job posting to which you want to apply, click the 'Apply to Job' button on the top or bottom of the job posting.
- If you are not already logged in to your account, log in by entering your email address and password to access your profile and job-seeker tools.
- From the 'submit résumé/CV' page, review and make any necessary changes then click 'continue.' (The use of a résumé is optional.)
- Review your contact information and make any needed updates.
- Review the legal disclaimer and click 'continue.' Your submission is the equivalent of your written signature for legal purposes.
- From the 'Application' page, review and make any necessary updates.
- Answer all Preferences and Skills Questions (PSQ) located at the bottom of your application. These have been selected by the hiring agency. Click 'submit.'
- If you would like to print a copy of your application:
- Click ‘Application Print PDF’ to be emailed a PDF version of your application.
- Click ‘Close'.
- Click ‘Continue’ and this will return you to the Welcome Screen.
- Click ‘Logout’ if finished.
Your submission to the job vacancy has now been entered, and you should receive an on-screen confirmation. You will receive a system-generated confirmation email notifying you of your successful submission to the job. Keep this email including your 'candidate reference number' for future reference.
Applicant Computer Lab
The Division of Career Opportunities provides a computer lab for job seekers who need assistance or do not have access to a computer to submit their applications through the Career Opportunities System (COS). Please call 502.564.8030 for additional information.
Forgot your COS account email address or password?
If you have forgotten your password, but you know your username and have a working contact email address associated with your account, click the "Forgot your password?" link to have a password reset sent to your contact email. If you do not have a working contact email address, call the COS Helpdesk at 502.564.8030 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
If you have forgotten your username/email used for logging in, click "Forgot your username?" and enter the required information (First name, Last name, phone number or contact email address). You will be prompted to answer your security questions in order for the username to be found. Again, if you are unable to locate your username, call the COS Helpdesk at 502.564.8030 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Division of Career Opportunities