Nurse Shift/Program Supervisor
NURSE SHIFT/PROGRAM SUPERVISOR - 51215BR
Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ)
The Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) is looking for a Nurse Shift Program Supervisor (NSPS) at Fayette Regional Juvenile Detention Center, located in Lexington, Kentucky. The position number is 51215BR
Fayette Regional Juvenile Detention Center
3475 Spurr Road
Lexington, KY 40511
859 246 2806
Fayette Regional Juvenile Detention Center is a state owned and operated maximum security juvenile detention facility. Fayette RJDC serves a ten county region centered in Lexington, Kentucky. The counties include Fayette, Clark, Madison, Jessamine, Woodford, Anderson, Franklin, Scott, Nicholas and Bourbon. The youth at FRJDC facility are usually between the ages of 12 and 18 and are generally awaiting adjudication or placement at other treatment facilities.
The Medical Department of Fayette RJDC is comprised of (3) Registered Nurses. One of these nurses serves as the program’s supervisor in a position titled Nurse Shift Program Supervisor.
The NSPS position at Fayette RJDC is currently open for application.
• Supervises all nursing shifts, services and personnel within the nursing program of a specified Department of Juvenile Justice
facility. Supervises nursing staff.
• Serves as facility Health Care Authority. Coordinates with doctors, mental health staff and dentist to assess the amount of
nursing care necessary for juvenile care.
• Prepares schedules, employee performance documents and submits personnel related matters; i.e., disciplinary issues.
• Trains staff in the administration of medication/first aid/CPR and other health related issues.
• Performs and assists Registered Nurse in carrying out their duties as needed.
• Reviews records to ensure medications are properly administered.
• Applies/enforces department rules, regulations, policies/procedures, NCCHA, Occupational Safety & Health Administration
(OSHA) and American Correctional Association (ACA). Participates in treatment team meetings and makes progress notes.
• Represents facility at meetings. Attends department head meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: The NSPS schedule will be Monday – Friday, hours vary based on needs of the facility. The NSPS will rotate being on call for weekends/holidays every 3 weeks for a week.
Probationary Period: This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months. For additional information refer to:
Education: See Special Requirements)
Experience: Must have three years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
Substitute Education for Experience: A bachelor's degree in nursing will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Special Requirements :
Must be licensed in Kentucky as a registered nurse or possess a valid work permit issued by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Must maintain any required licensure(s), certification(s), or other credentials for the length of employment in this classification. Employing agency is responsible for ensuring employee possesses and maintains required licensure(s), certification(s) or other credentials.
To search and apply to this position
click here. To view the complete job specification on the Personnel Cabinet Website